How it Works
Some information about the testing process: Rules & Protocols
You will be taking a Video Supervised FCC Commercial Radio Exam
We will outline some rules here to help your exam go smoothly.
- Above all, you need to maintain the integrity of the online test environment.
- Your video session with us will be recorded. You consent to this recording by taking the exam.
- You require proper ID to take this exam. See this page!
- You must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally able to work in the USA.
- You can speak and hear
About your online exam:
- The exam questions are randomly created using the exact questions that are currently published on the FCC.GOV website.
- There is a 2 hour time limit PER ELEMENT.
- You may skip questions, go back, review or change your answer at anytime up until you click “SUBMIT”.
- Upon completing your exam, it will be graded instantly, and you will know the results.
- We can not share with you ‘what you got wrong’ or which answers were incorrect. This information is usually not available to your examiner.
- Don’t leave any answers BLANK. The online testing system will not let your finish the exam unless you have answered all questions. GUESS, only if you have to! You might get it right.
- CALCULATOR USAGE: You may use your local computers’ calculator application, on screen only. No physical calculators can be used. (Windows button > Start > Calc)
- Don’t ask your examiner any questions regarding the exam content once the exam has begun.
- You may only ask about any technical problems that may be occurring during the exam.
- Again remember that the ‘Examiner has sole discretion over your exam session.
If you are trying to get a license that requires other exams, i.e. (Element 1 & Element 3 needed for GROL) – You must pass the Element 1 exam first. If you already hold an MROP (Element 1), we can accept that if your license number is already in the FCC-ULS Database. Please let your examiner know this. We can not start your next level exam without this information.
Testing Session Checklist:
Your ID for the examiner to see on the camera. It must readable over your video link.
You have paid your exam fees and scheduled your exam!
You studied! and have been passing sample exams at 80% or better, consistently.
Clear the room before the exam, provide sufficient time to not be disturbed during the exam.
You may be asked to remove certain items from the room during your exam to preserve the integrity of the exam.
NO reference materials of any kin
Make sure you have already gotten an FRN# from the FCC! – Important – See this
After Your Exam:
After successfully passing your exam you still need to do some paperwork.
Your examiner needs a COMPLETED FCC FORM 605/605E or your license can not be processed by the FCC.
Your examiner will walk thru the 605 form online with you, it will be electronically signed by you with the examiner and transmitted to the examiner.
The examiner will verify that the form is correct and submit the form to the Commercial License Manager (COLEM)
Our COLEM is Elkins International
Processing can now begin on getting your license documents. This will take approximately 7-10 days based on FCC workload.
The FCC will send an email to your email address on the 605 FORM with a link to print your new license.
Licenses are no longer mailed to you. If you have difficulty getting and printing your license, please contact us. We can help you thru the process of getting an official printed license. You can follow this link to get instructions on how to print an Official FCC License. CLICK HERE
The Examiner will provide you a ‘CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION’ that can be used to show that you have passed your official exam and are waiting for the FCC to process your official license. It will not show your grade as all exams are pass/fail.